WHERE TO BEGIN
Receive, appraise and report on the client’s requirements with regard to:
- The clients brief
- The site, rights, and Constraints
- Budgetary Constraints
- Project programme
1. Prepare an initial design and advise on:
- space provisions and planning relationships
- proposed materials and intended building services
- technical and functional characteristics of the design
2. Conformity of the concept with the rights to the use of the land.
3. Review anticipated costs and project programme.
- Confirm the scope and complexity.
- Review the design, and consult with the local and statutory authorities.
- Develop the design, construction systems, materials and components.
- Coordinate services and work of consultants.
- Review the design, costing and programme with consultants.
4.1 Prepare documentation required for local authority submission:
- Co-ordinate technical documentation with consultants.
- Prepare specifications for works.
- Review the costing and programme with consultants.
- Obtain the clients authority, and submit documents for approval.
4.2 Complete construction documentation and proceed to call for tenders:
- Obtain the clients authority to prepare documents for procuring offers for the execution of the works.
- Obtain offers for the execution of the works.
- Evaluate offers, and recommend on awarding the building contract.
- Prepare the contract documentation, and arrange the signing of the building contract.
- Administer the building contract.
- Give possession of the site to the contractor.
- Issue construction documentation.
- Initiate and check sub-contract design and documentation that are appropriate.
- Inspect the works for conformity to the contract documentation and acceptable quality in terms of the industry standards.
- Administer and perform the duties and obligations assigned to the principle agent in terms of the JBCC building contract, or fulfil the obligations provided for in other forms of the contract.
- Issue the certificate of practical completion.
- Assist the client in obtaining the occupation certificate.
- Facilitate the project close-out including the preparation of the necessary documentation to effect completion, handover and operation of the project.
- When the contractor’s obligations with respect to the building contract have been fulfilled, the architectural professional shall issue the certificates related to the contract completion.
- Provide the client with the as-built drawings and relevant technical and contractual undertakings by the contractor and sub-contractors.